Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review: Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth

Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This, I think, explains the environment where I live: A nurse asked me about the book when I had just started it. I explained that it was a secular look at Jesus. She looked confused and asked what secular means. I described it as non-religious which made her look concerned. She shared that she and her husband are reading the Bible together, but it is very slow going because it is hard to read.

This does a good job of setting the environment and circumstances of the time and place where Jesus operated. It continues a bit further along the early Christian church. It explains how and why there was the first split.

View all my reviews

No comments: